According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control) there is currently no vaccine to protect against COVID-19. At this point, the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus that causes it.
Stopping transmission (spread) of the virus through everyday practices is the best way to keep people healthy.
How are we keeping Sun Dojo (extra) clean?
- We will ask all of the children in the Ninja, Juniors Basic & BBC and Teen and Tween to wash their hands before entering the mat. This will take approximately 3 – 6 minutes depending on how many students there are in class. This will help the students develop the life skill of proper hygiene before training.
- We’ve added a hand sanitizer pump to the lobby and are encouraging everyone to clean their hands before stepping on the mat.
- We have always used disinfectants to thoroughly clean the mat daily.
- We have alcohol based hand sanitizers and disposable wipes easily accessible for your use.
- We’re paying extra attention to disinfecting high – touch areas like counters, lockers & door knobs.
Sun Dojo is following the recommended guidelines of the CDC: which recommends increased cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, as well as encouraging individuals to practice everyday prevention measures like frequent hand washing, staying home when sick, and covering coughs and sneezes.
If people would prefer to do a fist bump instead of a handshake after class that is perfectly acceptable.
If outbreaks becomes more severe, we will continue to take the recommendation of CDC.