Teen & Tween Class will be cancelled Saturday 2/22. The rest of the schedule remains the same during Winter Recess.
Does Your Teenager Need Help Becoming Their Best Selves? Instead of giving into the moodiness and attitude, take them to our martial arts school instead!
Schedule a Trial lesson today and see your yourself. Trial lessons include a 20 – minute private lesson, a uniform and a group class for $29.95.
Teenagers are intelligent and capable – but they can also be their own worst enemies and can benefit from a positive outlet for their frustrations – and an opportunity to learn how to be their best.
We’ve created a complex physical and mental training program that incorporates character development through the traditional martial arts.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a problem solving skill – often called human chess. By solving problems together with people their own age, teens & tweens can relax, increase their focus & working memory and create a connection with people their own age.
Being able to connect with other like- minded individuals, they can support one another through the often challenging years of middle school and high school.
Does your Teen or Tween need help in any of these areas?
- They make hasty, poorly-considered decisions and need to have better judgment.
- They’re being bullied at school – or they’re the one doing the bullying.
- They don’t get enough exercise or are having trouble sleeping.
- They have low self-esteem and seem to be down all the time.
- They give up when things get difficult and fail to meet their goals.
- They are too reliant on their digital device for their social life.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays: 4:30 – 5:15pm
- Saturday 1:15 – 2:00 pm
Now more than ever we need to instill CONFIDENCE in our youth. According to Jama Pediatrics depression and anxiety is on the rise and often associated with an increase in screen time. This is becoming a National Health crisis. Read the Full article here. Martial Arts training has been proven to improve confidence and well – being in humans. Check out the blog posts on the benefits of Martial Arts training.
Support your Tween / Teen as they navigate the changes in their lives.
Interested in having your Teen develop their Leadership skills? We are assembling a Team for the Fall of strong, caring and intelligent leaders to support the younger Martial Artists on the mat.
Teens will learn how to:
- Support the instructor while teaching class.
- Teach the warm up and various drills.
- Support the Junior Martial Artists by learning active listening, power teaching and increased communication skills
This is a great opportunity for Teens who have demonstrated that they have the correct Attitude, Behavior & Character to become a Senpai or leader. Inquire with Professor Laurel if you are interested.
Bullying Facts from stopbullying.gov Conclusive research has shown that:
- Between 1 in 4 and 1 in 3 U.S. students say they have been bullied at school.
- Most bullying happens in middle school.
- The most common types are verbal and social bullying.
- 180,000 kids skip school every day due to bullying.